The New RICS Condition Report a Cheaper Option
This new report is a slimmed down version of the "middle of the road" Homebuyers Report
The scope of the inspection.
- Construction and condition on date of inspection.
- Defects that need urgent attention or are serious.
- Matters needing further investigation to prevent serious damage to the fabric of the building.
- Defects or deficiencies which may be safety hazards and where further enquiries are needed.
Does not include: Repair Advice, Valuation or a reinstatement figure.
Does include information for conveyancers and risk alerts.
- The elemental approach means the layout of the report will include, say, for the roof.
- Initial description of location and construction element in main roof then subsidiary roof areas
- Description of actual part that is defective, what is wrong with it and the extent of the problem
- Condition Rating 1, 2 or 3
Condition Rating 1: Is defined as an element where "No repair is currently needed. The property must be maintained in the normal way".
Condition Rating 2: Where there are "Defects that need repairing or replacing but are not considered to be either serious or urgent. The property must be maintained in the normal way".
Condition Rating 3: Where there are "Defects which are serious and / or need to be repaired, replaced or investigated urgently".
Fee range from 250 plus VAT depending upon size and age. Ideal for vendors pre or during sale.